Customised multi-tasking communication centres
The powerful, black-and-white multifunctional Aficio™MP 4000/MP 4000B and Aficio™MP 5000/MP 5000B raise the bar for office productivity. Upgradeable and customisable, they combine straightforward document and device management with high performance and simple operation. In addition, various scanning possibilities enable you to communicate information throughout your office in a snap.
- High output speed: 40 ppm
- User friendly operation
- Wide range of customisation possibilities
- Variety of finishing options
- Standard colour scanning
Exceptional MFP for the value-driven office
The Ricoh Aficio MP 4000 is a feature-rich digital system that maximizes productivity with advanced network printing, a large 8.5” simplified color display, Super G3 faxing, and output speeds of 40 pages per minute. All of this and more available in one efficient, cost-effective platform.
Aficio MP 4000 General Features
- Available in 3 different configurations
- 100-sheet Automatic Reversing Document Feeder efficiently handles multi-page and double-sided originals up to 11" x 17"
- Stackless Duplex Unit creates two-sided copy, print and fax output—cutting paper, filing and postage costs in half.
- Standard 1,200-sheet paper capacity, and maximum 4,400-sheet paper capacity with optional paper banks
- Easy to navigate large, touch-screen, color control panel
- Professional finishing options include 2- or 3-hole punching, multiple finisher options, including optional saddle-stitch booklet making
- Compatible with Embedded Software Architecture, a Java (J2ME) compatible software development platform
- Full-color VGA touch-screen with Simplified Display and Animated User Guidance
- Energy saving features such as Quick Start-up technology and Sleep Mode can save power
- Standard RPCS and PCL 5e/6 and Languages Adobe PostScript3 (Optional)
- Accept data from Windows®, AS/400, Linux, Macintosh® and Novell® for seamless integration with a variety of network operating systems.
- Optional interfaces include IEEE802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN, IEEE1284/ECP Gigabit Ethernet and Bluetooth
- Easy to use Ricoh RPCS icon-based print driver interface allows you to save special settings for quick, one-click processing
- Supports PCL5e/6, Ricoh RPCS and genuine Adobe PostScript 3
- PDF Direct Print lets you send PDF files directly to a printer without opening the application, reducing network traffic
- View settings and manage documents from any connected PC via standard web browser
- Print files can be temporarily held using Hold Print and released and collected when you’re ready
- High performance 600 x 600 dpi network printing at 40 ppm
- Manage jobs and reorder priorities easily with the Job List Function
- The 533 MHz RM7035C processor and 768 MB memory accelerate print performance, producing general-office documents with ease.
- Crisp 600 dpi resolution copies in 256 levels of grayscale
- Comes standard with 768 MB RAM
- 40 GB Hard Disk Drive (Standard on SP/SPF configurations)
- Scan Once, Print Many with fast, clear output at 40 ppm
- Warm up time 13 seconds with first copy speed of 4.1 seconds
- Scan-to-Email—Easily search and send electronic documents for timely and accurate delivery.
- Scan-to-Folder—Ideal way to archive and share large files with multiple clients.
- Network scanning BW = 50 ipm at 200 dpi; Full-Color = 29 ipm at 200 dpi
- Supports wide array of industry standard files such as PDF, TIFF and JPEG; Single Page and Multi-Page TIFF, PDF, High Compression PDF, Sing-Page JPEG
- Embedded Scan-to-Email, Scan-to-Folder, Scan-to-URL, Scan-to-FTP, Scan-to-SMB with no additional hardware or software required
- TWAIN scanning provides alternative scanning options for networked users
- Versatile Black & White and Full-Color network scanning
- Scans max paper size 11” x 17” at 600 dpi with 256 grayscales
- Thumbnail Preview allows users to verify that they have the right file and the correct orientation.
- Prevent unauthorized access to system functions with Windows/LDAP/Kerberos Authentication, which requires a valid user name and password.
- Ensure unauthorized documents are never duplicated with the optional Copy Data Security unit, which grays-out text when copied.
- Protect address book data with Encrypted Address Book, which protects data even if the built-in hard drive is removed, disposed of, or stolen.
- Secure Internet Protocol (IP) communication by authenticating and/or encrypting each IP packet in a data stream with IPsec Communication and transmit PDFs securely with Encrypted PDF Transmission.
- Encrypt Hard Disk Drive and non-volatile RAM data immediately upon storage with the HDD Data Encryption.
- The Locked Print feature gives you the added security of releasing files when you decide to release them and then deletes the files from the document server after printing.
- Send hard copies at a quick 2 seconds per page with standard JBIG on up to three analog lines via the Super G3 33.6 Kbps Modem with Auto Fallback.
- Save time and paper with LAN Fax and send faxes right from your desktop.
- Capitalize on the cost-saving benefits of IP faxing (T.38) for fast, high quality communication: send and receive faxes directly over your LAN or WAN, bypassing your PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network).
- Save time with up to three Super G3 fax lines and eliminate long-distance phone charges with Internet fax capabilities.
- Deliver inbound faxes quickly by automatically forwarding them to e-mail addresses or network folders. Recipients receive an automatic e-mail notification of fax deliveries.